Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rynn

The World Spun Backwards: Reboot

Recommended Posts

Guest MasterBlade

"Hmm?" the strange man turned to Klaus, as if he hadn't noticed the group before. "You may address me by my fathers name of Ikol, but I am of no importance... yet. You, boy. You should pay attention to what has happened here. It is not your fault, but us two are connected to this place." Ikol stood up and continued to walk around the bloodstained soil, mumbling to himself some more. Judging by the numbers he was spewing out every so often, he was counting how many had died. The last number had been 17.

(((Sorry for short posts, I was hoping for last-minute inspiration >.>)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I would seem I was correct about us being watched," Yuki said as the voice made itself known, looked over to Ikol rather cautiously. She wasn't quite ready to let her guard down, given his sudden appearance , "Tell me, would you happen to know as to if any humans of strong spiritual power lived in this town?" She looked west, deciding to give a gesture of trust, if a small one, "We're headed to the site of an ancient city west of here, and such being the case would make this undoubtedly connected."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MasterBlade

"Judging by the bloodstains, there were twenty-three villagers in this town. The energy from the blood suggests all were spiritual, but only six families were present. That means out of all of the murders, only six went to further their goals, and seventeen gave meaningless deaths." Ikol's voice was particularly grim when speaking of the seventeen. They actually seemed to have meaning to him, despite the apparent lack of any relation.

At the mention of an ancient city, the man immediately turned to Yuki. "What buisness have you in the ruins of Seattle? Nothing but broken devices and broken men that try and use them for their purposes. It certainly isn't the most pleasant of places to say the least. Certainly not worth the trip if you ask me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's rather impressive, that you can tell just by their dried blood. Despite my age and experience in spiritual matters, it's well beyond my capabilities," she complemented him, her mind working and assessing the situation, 'In addition to that, he seems to know a great deal about this. I'll have to be careful with what I say. I'm not sure if I can trust him or not. Still he could have some information.'. She crouched down and looked at one of the blood splatters. It was spread in a wide arc, suggesting that some sort of long blade or spear had been used to do the killing,

"As for Seattle, among a few other reasons I have reason to believe that someone I've been searching for may be hiding somewhere around there," she looked at one of the burned buildings, "Though it's possible said person has already left, judging by this."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atrus tilted his head several times, sticking his tounge out somewhat to taste the air. Hmm. The energy does seem odd here. Popping his tongue back into his mouth, he continued to examine the strange newcomer. Something about his own energy seemed off as well, and that was saying something in contrast to the surrounding area. What was the word he was looking for? ...Patchwork? No.

Shaking his head, he decided to take the cordial path. "I don't believe we've properly introduced ourselves. This is Yuki, Klaus, and I'm Atrus," he said, keeping his eyes shut and smile on while sticking out his hand to shake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MasterBlade

"You aren'tfrom around here, are you? Perhaos it would be of our bests interests if I were to join you for a while. I am an archaeologist by trade; diving into ruins is easier when you have someone that knows their secrets." Safety was of course not his main goal with the offer. However, it didn't look like he was going to reveal his true motives at the moment. Still, it would be better to have a guide than to wander without, even if he seemed shady.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Perhaps it would... though I cannot speak for these two, and I have been here before," She looked at the wooden and thatched roof buildings, "However... it looked rather different the last time I was here, so it might as well be a whole new place. A guide could be useful," her arms loosened a bit, deciding that Ikol wasn't intending on attacking them. 'Still, this air makes me uneasy. Just what is waiting for us up ahead?'

"In any case, I don't want to hang around here any longer than is needed, we can still make a few miles before night, and we'll reach the city by mid day tomorrow. That is of course, so long as none of you have objections."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, if we're in agreement then we should head out, though I'm heading there either way," Yuki adjusted her sword and started walking along the road again, tilting her hat forward slightly so as to hide her face.

"I'm not overly comfortable with him, Tsubasa. He's another strange one. What's your take?" she decided not to take chances in case she was overheard.

'Oh, so /now/ you care about my opinion? Well, I agree with you, don't trust him too much, but if he were intending on attacking he could have done that by now. Just be careful, if you die so do I.'

"I'm well aware of this." the sky while still clear and blue, still seemed unsettled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MasterBlade

"Good. I'm sure we can all benefit from this arrangement." Ikol turned to look back at the village one last time before heading down the road. Under his mask, he shed a tear. The fate of the villagers was eventually going to be his own fate, and possibly that of the Klause fellow. Whether he was of a spiritual ancestry or not, those ears were certainly going to draw their attention, as did Ikol's so many years ago.

But how much did this group really know of the events? The Could he trust them with what he knew? As far as he know, they could be with...him. Then again, if they were, the kid was unaware of it. Judging by Yuki's actions, he deemed that the mistrust was mutual. Until the barriers of secrecy broke, he would not reveal anything to them. Already he might have said too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klaus too was wrapped in his own thoughts. When he first seen Ikol, he thought he looked distantly familiar. So where had he seen him before? His parents' place, perhaps? "Of course not, they died long before he showed up..." This last part was, unbeknownst to him, said aloud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuki noticed Atrus' silence, deciding he was probably thinking the same thing that she was. In fact the whole walk that first day was rather quiet, be it the insecure feeling between the four of them, or the strange, unseasonable chill that only seemed to grow as the night drew closer.

The setting sun looked over-sized and stretched horizontally as it sank over the horizon, the sky an ominously deep red. There was a run down looking traveler's shack along the trail, next to a small, shallow pond just down the road, bringing Yuki to finally break the present silence, "It's getting late, we should take advantage of this little rest stop. I doubt we'll come across another one before it gets dark."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MasterBlade

"Then you better get used to it. The sky always glows red in Seattle." Ikol didn't like the looks of the abandoned shack. Not enough blood on it. The only time anything would ever be abandoned in this region would be at the fall of the occupants. No blood, no death, and no death means a trap. Without anyone noticing, Ikol slipped his weapon down from his sleeve ind into his hands, using the clothing to conceil it. Whatever could be inside the shack was not going to catch him off guard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Last I remembered it was just always grey. That's a rather sinister turn. No matter," she looked at the cabin for a good minute or two. The age was real, but it seemed odd that there was no sort of markings on the building. It was on a path, and traveler shacks weren't that uncommon. Still, the village experience made her uneasy. She picked up a rather large rock and threw it into the shed, in one spot, not far beyond the door, the dirt floor seemed to move, "Honestly, who would a cheap trick like that fool? Don't step there, it's a pit of some kind. This area is probably under some sort of watch, however if they need a trap I doubt they'll come after us outright while we're paying attention... and not in the bottom of a pit. We should stand watch though. Klaus, since you're just a human you can sleep through the night. Do you have any sort of combat skills, Ikol?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MasterBlade

Ikol sat down next to the shack, careful not to cause any unwanted traps to be set off. "I posses the means to protect myself. My days scurrying through ruins have procured me two ancient weapons of great power." From the sheath on his back, the man pulled an odd-looking mace, covered in rust from ages of decay. To Yuki, however, the object was familiar familiar. "According to ancient manuscripts, they call this weapon by the name of Wrench. It clings onto the souls of foes and twists them out to oblivion. Though I've yet to see any souls be torn from bodies, its unique head shape does make it good for clinging onto poles and bars."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atrus had been paying quiet attention for the entire time, having untied his spark key. What makes it so important to trap travelers around this area? What's being hidden here? he questioned himself as the spark key very slowly went into its volt staff form, which also which was quietly giving off an occasional spark. He may need the staff this time, meaning he could only establish a much weaker barrier.

A yellow-orange energy formed around his hand, which he held out to the ground, causing the energy to jump from his hand to the ground. Directing his arm around, he drew a circle much larger than the one he had created previously around the area. After the circle closed, a dome once again briefly flashed around it, before the only once again only leaving burn marks in the ground.

After that, Atrus stared up uneasily at the red sky. He would prefer a nice shade of blue, or possibly even the gray that Yuki had mentioned earlier. But this was no time to be wasting his energy on aesthetic changes to the environment. "Well. Even if we're ambushed I have a few tricks up my sleeve," Atrus said, smiling lightly at Ikol and Yuki as he eyed the sky. As he said this he watched a section of the barrier briefly make itself visible as a single spark jumped across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuki smiled behind the veil that was her hat, that was certainly the most interesting way she'd ever heard someone describe a wrench. She had perched herself on the mostly flat roof of the shed to get a better view of the area, watching the last rays of sun of sun sink beneath the horizon, the stars appearing bright in the heavens.

The night sky was strangely much more calm than the unsettling and restless one from during the day, and the milky way shone clear across the sky, the familiar moon a great pale semicircle. There was also substantially less wind, unlike the day time which had a constant, noticeable breeze permeating it. Everything was much more pleasant, though Yuki was absolutely certain that they were being watched. Still, the night passed without incident or confrontation, and the unsettling sun returned that morning, returning in the same deep red color it has left with. She had been on the final watch, so had already been up as everyone else was just arising from their sleep, now sitting besides the lake, using the reflection to tidy herself up before the day.

'I suppose today we find out as to if this was just a big waste, or not...[/]'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×